Pages

Friday 13 April 2012

Lego

Yesterday, my mum bought me some lego. No occasion, just some lego. Apparently, I can make it into three different shapes! Planes, boats, cars! A world of imagination, for under £4!

When I was younger, I won a competition. I had to build an object out of lego, so I built a spaceship. As a prize, I won "Clickits" (A whole week before they came out nationwide!), and a big tub of lego. Sadly, I don't have the tub anymore, but I do have memories of endless days of lego building.

Lego is great fun, at any age. It's one you can never resist playing, no matter who you are and who you're playing with. It's also bloody expensive, when you get the branded stuff. Lego Star Wars a key example (You can get anything in Star Wars brand these days). For a kit building the Millennium Falcon, they want over £100 for it! No thanks, I'd rather spend my money on books.

But no-one really cares whether or not it costs extortionate amounts, because when the plastic is torn off the packet, and the little pieces are strewn across the carpet, nothing really matters except the lego. All the pieces of an impossible puzzle, with a terrible instruction guide that you wouldn't understand even if you were paid.

At the end of the day, no-one cares about the lego. They don't care about the hours of fun that ensue. But they bloody well care about the pain that shoots through a bare foot in the middle of the night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment