Pages

Friday 30 December 2011

Reading a Book

Yesterday, I finished reading The Amber Spyglass (by Phillip Pullman), signalling the end of the His Dark Materials series. What's funny about finishing books, particularly series or one that took time to read, is that you're not really sure what to do with yourself afterwards. Once you read that last page (which will almost always be disappointing), there's not really much left in reality that interests you. If the book is particularly long, or you enjoyed it lots, the characters become people. I remember reading a book, and not being able to read anything else for two weeks, because I couldn't manage to start reading about other characters, with different names, histories and traits to the ones I'd been used to.
 
Maybe I'm just emotionally volatile. But I'm also as tired as hell, so this blog post is roughly 150 words. You get my disappointment at the end of a book.
 
Although I rarely wait two weeks for my books. Until the next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment