Pages

Friday 6 July 2012

This is you. This is you on Art.

A small roundup of things that have irritated me over the past fortnight, as I can't be bothered to do a full blog post on them:
- House of Lords reforms
- Benefits reforms
- NHS reforms (I don't care which ones, but they're bound to annoy me)
- The pointing out of the bleedin' bloody obvious (50% of youth crimes happen by just 5% of youth! Oh, really?)
- The difficulty in reading The Colour of Magic
- The fact CERN found the Higgs' boson before I had a chance to visit.
- Coursework
- My school's concern with the colour of the bins versus disrespectful and rude supply teachers.
- My school's concern with litter versus the leaks, cracks and general disrepair of the school itself.

Well, Coursework is something I'm going to talk about, but I needed to put it on that list.
I'm coming to the end of my first year of GCSE now, and now is the time for coursework. Now, I've been doing BTEC in Art all year, so I'm conditioned to coursework. But what's taken me by surprise is the sheer amount of coursework. Once I spent a good three weeks staying after school in catch-up in order to finish one piece of bloody work. I took Art as my relaxing subject, and it's taking the bulk of my time! To add to that, I've lost many weekends catching up with acrylic painting.

This week, I've had to do four catch-ups in a row (Tuesday - Friday). French coursework, followed by IT and double English, all in the name of coursework. To add to that, I've had to go to many coursework-y lessons which generally incurs lots of homework.

It's a sludge that never ends. This English coursework is my seventh (and eighth) piece this year alone. One piece would end, another would begin. Actually, having two teachers means I'm doing two pieces at a time. It's just so much work.

And so this brings me to the title. Take a look at yourself. Hopefully, you'll look clean, awake and happy. Now remove most of your sleep time, cover yourself in paint (and/or Indian Ink) and replace that smile with a worn-down look of frustration. This is you on Art.

0 comments:

Post a Comment